Monday, July 20, 2009

Cool Monkey t-shirts


A two month anniversary may be a short anniversary but for me it is huge because of what has happened part of last year and into this year. Two months ago today, July 20th, I had heart surgery. I am very thankful that I'm doing well but would appreciate your prayers as I continue to recover. Pray specifically for energy to return. I would also appreciate your prayers for disability I have applied for. In the mean time I am continuing to sell my Japanese proverb t-shirts to help with medical expenses and daily expenses. I do have some new ones in with different colors such as red,maroon,black,blue, and gray from sizes small to large. If you need a larger size just let me know.
If there is another color you would like to order you can go to http://www.revrundesigns.com/ to see t-shirt colors.
Prices for short sleeve shirts are:
Adult small to XLarge $14 + shipping, long sleeve +$2
Adult 2XL and up-$15 +shipping, long sleeve +$2
Youth-small to large $12+shipping, long sleeve +$1
Toddlers- $10+shipping
Sweatshirts-All adults sizes $20,Youth $16.
If you have any questions please email me at:rckreed@yahoo.com

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I found your blog (and your story) when I was searching for the origin of this T-shirt design (which I saw on a different site). I truely wish you the best in a speedy recovery.

The reason I wanted to post, is to let people know what the T-shirt means. I live in Japan, and so know what it says, but I couldn't find an explanation on your site for those who don't read Japanese. It literally reads, "even monkeys fall out of tress". The closest English proverb would be "pride comes before a fall". I absolutely love this design (and the proverb). I hope you sell many of them. I will certainly buy one!

I oppologize if there is an explanation of this print on your site, and I missed it!

Rick Reed said...

Nick, thank you for contacting me and I'm glad that you like the monkey shirt! Where are you in Japan? I lived in Ibaraki prefecture(Mito/Hitachi) for 5 years. If you would like a shirt I can definitely send you one. I have some in stock and if I don't have what color you want I can order one for you. どうもありがとう!

Unknown said...

Hey, Rick! お久しぶり!。You might not remember me, but I used to live in Mito as well. We went to church in Mito for a couple of years before you had to return. I now live in Okayama prefecture teaching elementary students.

What options do I have for making orders? Can I use credit card or must I use Money Orders?

David Curry (a.k.a Totoro Sensei)

Jason said...

I believe I wear this shirt more than any other in my wardrobe. I probably should've paid more for it. :-) Blessings to you, Rick.

Tracy said...

Rick,
I hope all is well with you.
Are you still selling these t-shirts?
I would like to purchase them for my family :o) I tried the link to the Japan Shop, but it didn't work for me. Besides, I'd rather purchase from you. Just curious if it is possible to order.
Thanks!
Tracy (Sadler) Christie
LST-MITO-'97

*You can leave a comment on my blog and I will catch it.